- Meet the Team
- Leadership Opportunities
- Cultural Programs & Diversity Education
- Honors & Awards
- Employer & Alumni Connections
- Family & Gender Neutral Restrooms
- LGBTQ Information
Speak UP Speak OUT
The goal is to “Understand each other’s understanding…NOT to agree!”
This program was created by students to help bridge understanding on campus about issues that tend to divide people. They wanted to talk about current issues that are sometimes controversial or sensitive for people, but are things that affect our lives and we SHOULD be talking about.
The conversations are about things that people THINK about but are not always comfortable TALKING about, things that affects us on campus and around the world.
Students lead the conversations and make sure that all who want to speak are heard. Here, people can be honest, agree or disagree, and still be respected. Conversations help:
• People understand each other’s perspectives
• Bring people together through dialogue, reducing misunderstanding
• Bring greater knowledge about today’s current issues to those who participate
After all: KNOWLEDGE > IGNORANCE!