- Meet the Team
- Leadership Opportunities
- Cultural Programs & Diversity Education
- Honors & Awards
- Employer & Alumni Connections
- Family & Gender Neutral Restrooms
- LGBTQ Information
Leadership & Cultural Programs
We provided 118 programs and 353 hours of educational programming with a total attendance of 6,949 during the 2011-2012 academic.
Students would recommend Leadership & Cultural Programs workshops to their friends.
- On written evaluations where a ranking of 4 meant students would recommend a LCP workshop to a
friend and a ranking of 5 meant students would highly recommend a LCP workshop to a friend, only two
educational workshops ranked below a 4.0.
- Omitting those two programs, LCP workshops received an average score of 4.57 regarding if a
student would recommend a LCP workshop to a friend.
Student’s who attend Leadership & Cultural Program workshops indicate they have:
- Learned how to communicate in a constructive way when they have a problem or conflict.
- Learned tactics that would assist them in resolving a conflict.
- Have a greater understanding of why cultural experiences are valuable personally and professionally.
- Learned how to present themselves professionally.
- Understand four primary styles of leadership styles.
- Understand how situational factors influence what leadership style will be most effective in a situation.
- Understand the 7 Habits of Highly Effective people and how to apply them as a student.
- Understand how mastering the 7 Habits of Highly Effective people can contribute to being an effective
This information was compiled after examining written evaluations which consisted of a scale ranging from 1 to 5, where a ranking of 5 meant students strongly agreed with the statement. The statements above were rated as 4.40 or greater.
Members of Chancellors Leadership Academy report they have learned:
- Their own and different personality types*
- How to work with individuals who are different from themselves.*
- Teamwork Skills*
- Communication Skills*
- How to Dress and Interact Professionally*
- Critical Thinking Skills**
- Interpersonal Skills**
- Ethics and Professionalism**
- Group Process Management**
Members of Miner Mentors report they have learned:
- About Different Cultures, Beliefs, and Personalities
- Why it is important to learn about different cultures
- How to Run a Meeting
- How to Facilitate a Discussion
*Members of CLA and Miner Mentors were asked to provide statements indicating if
they had learned anything through participating in these respective programs, and if so what.
** Student’s took the Missouri S&T Student Leadership Skills Inventory prior to and after
participating in the Chancellor’s Leadership Academy and reported numeric gains of > 0.50 in these areas.